/* -*- mode: C; c-file-style: "gnu"; indent-tabs-mode: nil; -*- */
* Copyright (C) 2001 Havoc Pennington
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
* modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
* published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
* License, or (at your option) any later version.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
* WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
* General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
* along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
* Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA
* 02111-1307, USA.
* \file fixedtip.h Metacity fixed tooltip routine
* Sometimes we want to display a small floating rectangle with helpful
* text near the pointer. For example, if the user holds the mouse over
* the maximise button, we can display a tooltip saying "Maximize".
* The text is localised, of course.
* This file contains the functions to create and delete these tooltips.
* \todo Since we now consider MetaDisplay a singleton, there can be
* only one tooltip per display; this might quite simply live in
* display.c. Alternatively, it could move to frames.c, which
* is the only place this business is called anyway.
* \todo Apparently some UI needs changing (check bugzilla)
* Displays a tooltip. There can be only one across the entire system.
* This function behaves identically whether or not a tooltip is already
* displayed, but if it is the window will be reused rather than destroyed
* and recreated.
* \param xdisplay An X display.
* \param screen_number The number of the screen.
* \param root_x The X coordinate where the tooltip should appear
* \param root_y The Y coordinate where the tooltip should appear
* \param markup_text Text to display in the tooltip; can contain markup
void meta_fixed_tip_show (Display *xdisplay, int screen_number,
int root_x, int root_y,
const char *markup_text);
* Removes the tooltip that was created by meta_fixed_tip_show(). If there
* is no tooltip currently visible, this is a no-op.
void meta_fixed_tip_hide (void);