Diffstat (limited to 'COMPLIANCE')
1 files changed, 15 insertions, 17 deletions
@@ -48,15 +48,12 @@ standard is available at http://freedesktop.org/Standards/wm-spec/
+ _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS (1.3)
-- _NET_DESKTOP_GEOMETRY (-)
- Metacity does not implement large desktops. Regardless, according
- to the specification, metacity SHOULD set this property to the
- screen size, and update it if the screen size changes because of a
- RandR change.
++ _NET_DESKTOP_GEOMETRY (1.3)
+ Metacity does not implement large desktops, so this is kept set to
+ the screen size.
-- _NET_DESKTOP_VIEWPORT (-)
- Metacity does not implement viewports. However, according to the
- specification, metacity MUST set this property to (0,0)
++ _NET_DESKTOP_VIEWPORT (1.3)
+ Metacity does not implement viewports, so this is a constant (0,0).
+ _NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP (1.3)
@@ -82,15 +79,16 @@ standard is available at http://freedesktop.org/Standards/wm-spec/
+ _NET_CLOSE_WINDOW (1.3)
-- _NET_MOVERESIZE_WINDOW (-)
- Metacity does not support this message. The specification states
- that metacity should treat this message like a ConfigureRequest.
- Not hard to implement; just hasn't been done.
+- _NET_MOVERESIZE_WINDOW (1.3)
+ Metacity supports this message, but the specification is unclear on
+ the layout of the detail value, and as such it is #if 0'd in the code
+ _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE (1.3)
-- _NET_RESTACK_WINDOW (-)
- Metacity does not currently support this message.
+- _NET_RESTACK_WINDOW (1.3)
+ Metacity will raise or lower windows in response to this message,
+ but the sibling restack modes are not supported, and it is currently
+ #if 0'd in the code.
+ _NET_REQUEST_FRAME_EXTENTS (1.3)
@@ -114,14 +112,14 @@ standard is available at http://freedesktop.org/Standards/wm-spec/
+ _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE (1.3)
/ _NET_WM_STATE (1.3)
+ This property is read and updated according to the specification,
+ but see caveat below.
Metacity does not recognize separate vertical and horizontal
maximization states. Currently metacity will do a two-dimensional
maximization if either property is set.
Metacity doesn't implement viewports so _NET_WM_STATE_STICKY is
- _NET_WM_STATE_DEMANDS_ATTENTION is neither read nor updated by
- metacity. Metacity should unset it on window activation.
+ _NET_WM_ALLOWED_ACTIONS (1.3)
Metacity keeps this hint up to date. The code is somewhat crufty
@@ -141,7 +139,7 @@ standard is available at http://freedesktop.org/Standards/wm-spec/
+ _NET_WM_HANDLED_ICONS (1.3)
Metacity does not read or set this property. However, metacity
- never managed iconified windows, and so has no need to do so.
+ never manages iconified windows, and so has no need to do so.
+ _NET_WM_USER_TIME (1.3)
Metacity uses this property to prevent applications from stealing