2 files changed, 11 insertions, 5 deletions
@@ -1,3 +1,8 @@
+2005-10-20 Elijah Newren <email@example.com>
+ * HACKING: Clarify why METACITY_VERBOSE=1 is bad without
+ META_USE_LOGFILE=1; point to bug 305091 for details.
2005-10-13 Muktha <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* src/themes/Simple/metacity-theme-1.xml: Make the unfocussed
@@ -107,11 +107,12 @@ Debugging information
useful to get more information than just warnings. You can set
METACITY_VERBOSE to do that, like so:
METACITY_VERBOSE=1 METACITY_USE_LOGFILE=1 metacity --replace
- (note that METACITY_VERBOSE=1 cannot be used without
- METACITY_USE_LOGFILE=1 or metacity will crash). There are also
- other flags, such as METACITY_DEBUG, most of which I haven't tried
- and don't know what they do. Go to the source code directory and
+ (note that METACITY_VERBOSE=1 can be problematic without
+ METACITY_USE_LOGFILE=1; avoid it unless running in from something that
+ won't be managed by the new Metacity--see bug 305091 for more details).
+ There are also other flags, such as METACITY_DEBUG, most of which I
+ haven't tried and don't know what they do. Go to the source code
+ directory and run
grep "METACITY_" * | grep getenv
to find out what the other ones are.